The UC Libraries have been in the business of rethinking our Technical Services infrastructure for almost 3 years now. So what do we mean when we say we’re looking for “quick wins?” How do librarians in one of the most complex multi-campus universities in the country go about transforming the services that support our collections?
Quick wins build on a lot of work we have been doing already over the last few years:
- HOTS inventory of expertise
- Earlier NGTS inventories of backlogs and where work needs to get done
- Earlier NGTS initiative to improve the ways we process and pay for shared resources
- CDC and CDL work to define and build a process for developing Shared Monograph collections
- Various campus digital projects and widespread use of Archivists’ Toolkit
The Lightning Teams now working will be pulling together these and other various efforts, not redoing or duplicating, but building a more coordinated and less duplicative infrastructure that will transform how we work.